Monday, February 14, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal...I guess

As J and I were finishing our scrumptious dinner of baked lobster tails, sea scallops and sauteed spinach last night, we had the following conversation:

J: I guess that I was kind of hoping that you were pregnant this month.

Me: What?

J: I mean because of all of the bad news this month in regards to our adoption. I was just hoping that maybe that was the reason that everything seems to be moving so slowly.

Me: Wow. I'm floored that you still think that we can get pregnant. After all we've been through, I thought that we both kind of felt like that (getting pregnant naturally) was just not meant to be for us.

J: I know. I was just hoping that maybe we would be that illusive couple that "started to adopt and bam, they're pregnant!"

Hope does spring eternal that we will somehow overcome the odds that seem to be against us for growing a family together. We will do it one way or the other.

No comments: