Thursday, February 10, 2005

To do list...

I'm having a hard time right now. I want to know WHEN will everything in Russia be resolved and more importantly when will my adoption be complete? I know that I need to throw myself into other areas of my life but I am so totally consumed that I find it hard to think of anything else, much less act on it. Here are the things that I need to work on to pass the time right now...

1. J and I are planning to install hardwood floors in our home and I need to get off my duff and get started on that project.

2. We are also planning to paint the living room and dining room. I need to buy the paint for the living room and choose the color for the dining room.

3. My best friend, S, is getting married in May. J and I (and another couple) are planning on giving her and her fiance an "Around the House" shower in April. I have SO much to do to get this party in gear, and I have done nothing!

4. J and I also need to finish the nursery. We have painted, but that is about it. The crib arrived two months earlier than expected, but it is just sitting on the floor of the nursery still in the shipping package. We have bought the border that we want to use and we have also ordered the baby's dresser and a bookcase that needs to be stained. So we have taken some small steps to get the room ready, but now I am paralyzed with fear about moving forward on this project. What if we complete the nursery and then things go completely awry... I can't even finish the thought.

5. Have faith that this is the right path for us to grow our family and believe it with all the fiber of my being.

Ok, I can do this.

And we're off...like a herd of turtles.

No comments: