Monday, March 07, 2005

Updated to do list...

The past few weeks have seen a lot of home improvement work in the Squared household. J painted the dining room a stunning red, as well as put up new chair rail. He painted the living room, entryway and hall a gorgeous coffee ice-cream color. Last but not least, he put down new hardwood floors in the dining room and living room. The house looks awesome and I could not be more thrilled with the way it looks. Now when we bring our little one home, and people come to visit, I won't feel bashful about asking them into my home. It wasn't that I was ashamed before, it was just very vanilla. Now, I feel like I have a home with some real pizazz.

Of course there is one major thing that we have not done yet; we have yet to finish the nursery. We have painted it a lovely light blue, but we have not put up the border or stained the new dresser and bookshelf that we bought. Nor have we assembled the crib. I know that we have time to accomplish these things, but I don't want to be caught at the last minute either. I want some time to enjoy the room all set up and perfect, just like I would have done were I pregnant. The next few weekends are jam packed already, so I think that it will be quite awhile before we are able to finish assembling the nursery. I am hopeful that once that is done, I will enjoy this time before our little one arrives.

Well, a girl can always dream can't she?

No comments: