Thursday, March 31, 2005

I wonder...

Now that I know who our soon to be son is, I often wonder what he is up to throughout the day. He is 10 hours ahead of us, so most times when I am daydreaming about him and his activities, he is in fact sleeping.

I wonder what his schedule is like. Does he get up and immediately get to have breakfast? Or does he have a quiet play time while his caregivers prepare breakfast and get everyone up and ready to start the day? What does he do at play time? Does he like naps or does he just lie there quietly while others sleep? Does he have a “Kaz Mama” in one of his care givers?

Now that he is one, I wonder what they are feeding him. Does he still use a bottle…doubtful from what I have read of others experience’s. The most current measurements we have were taken on February 18 and showed that his head circumference was ok, but that he is underweight and small compared to American standards at that same age. When I spoke to the IA Dr. about his “smallness” she said that it was nothing to worry about. “He is just not getting enough calories.” This is something that we can easily change once we get him home. She advised me to keep him on formula longer than “normal” and to make certain to get some good, iron fortified vitamins. She thinks that once our little guy is home he will start to grow like a weed.

I can’t wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got here from Cubbiegirl's journal. I just wanted to say that I did the EXACT same thing during the time between my daughter's referral and our trip to (former Soviet) Georgia. The time difference there was nine hours, and I'd wake up, immediately look at the clock, and start speculating about what she was doing right then. EVERY. Single. Day. ;)