Thursday, March 03, 2005

God's Perfect Plan

I don't know when or where I found this poem. It has been stuck to our refrigerator for the past several months. Like so many things that are hanging on our refrigerator, it has been ignored and it has hung there unread for many months. Well, that changed this weekend.

J and I have been working on some major home improvements the past few weeks. The latest is that we are putting in hardwood floors in the living and dining rooms. Ok, let me clarify, J has been putting in the floors. I watch and act as the gofer. The couch was moved into the kitchen while the improvements are being made. Right into the middle of the kitchen. Because of this optimal placement, every time that I walked between the couch and the fridge I knocked the poem off of the door. I must have picked it up 20 times last weekend without ever reading it. Finally, on the 21st time of stopping to pick it up and put back on the door I stopped to read what it had to say. I was moved to tears. It is so accurate. I want to have it either made as a cross-stitch or done in calligraphy for the nursery.

God's Perfect Plan
The angels looking down from heaven saw the woman start to cry,
Saw her heart breaking once again, saw her husband deeply sigh.
The angels each could feel their pain from way up in the sky.
Must they always have such heartache? The angels wondered why.
So they approached the Heavenly Father and asked him to explain
Why a loving, faithful couple must endure such hurt and pain.
For they only want a child to love, to share their lives and dreams,
The Father gently told them "All is not quite as it seems".
"You see, there is a child for them, I've picked the perfect one,
Their hopes and dreams will be fulfilled one day through adoption".
"This child will not be born to them, yet together they will be,
Soon joined in love and happiness, finally a family".
Then the angels sang a song of joy for the Father helped them see
God's plans include such special ways to make a family.
-unknown

No comments: